We are all made up of energy. Solid as you may feel and look, you are in truth a latticework of energies, their vibration simply slowed enough to let you have physical form. Everything around you is made of energy too, including the food you eat. The air you breathe is filled with energy.
If you could look through a powerful enough microscope you would see you’re made up of tiny sub atomic particles of energy in constant motions. Invisible energies shape the way we feel, the way we think, the way we live, our health and well-being. All the time we take in from the universe the energies we need and release those that no longer serve us.
Your body speaks the language of energy. As well as physical energies there are subtle energies which impact on us and have huge implications for our health and well-being.
Each of us has a protective electrical energy shield called the aura which surrounds and protects us. Each of us has a system of chakras which take in subtle energy from the universe and process it. We each have a system of meridians which act like circuits within our body for life energy.
Modern science is just beginning to find evidence for these conductors of subtle energy, but the ancients always knew of them, and many Eastern cultures still do. The meridian system plays a huge role in Traditional Chinese Medicine, for example, and in healing practices such as acupuncture and acupressure. Martial arts practitioners of all disciplines are fully familiar with such concepts. Whereas the chakras have for millennia been recognised in India as processors of the life energy India knows as prana.
Once we know how these energies function, just a few simple tricks can improve our health and well-being immeasurably.
2 Minute 3-Step Method for Starting Out Each Day Full of Energy
By a very simple means you can tap into your energy system and charge yourself full of vitality for the day ahead. By tapping with your first two or three fingers on certain points on the meridians, you not only send electrical impulses to your brain but also cause the subtle energy to flow more smoothly and fluidly through your meridians.
- Place your hands on your collarbone. then over your hands towards each other until you reach the dip in the centre. Drop your fingers from there about an inch. Most people have a soft indentation there. These points are called K27, are the end points of the kidney meridian and the neural centre of the whole meridian system. Tap briskly on them for about 15 seconds with the fingers of both hands, while you breathe deeply, in through the nose and out through the mouth. This simple exercise will:
- charge you with vitality
- wake you up
- strengthen your immune system
- energise you
- focus you
Don’t worry about hitting the exact point. So long as you tap with several fingers in the right vicinity, you will hit it.
2. Drop the fingers of one hand or both down to the centre of your chest, about two inches below the K27 points. You are now above the thymus gland. Tap briskly while you breathe deeply. This will:
- boost your energy
- strengthen your immune system
- awaken your natural strength and vitality
3. Lower your hands and move them down below your breasts and below the first rib. You are now above key points on the spleen meridian. Tap briskly once again while you breathe deeply. (Tip for the girls: if you are slightly well-endowed at the top (like me) it may be necessary to lift the breast!) Again, don’t worry about the exact spot – if you tap several fingers in the region, you will hit it. This little exercise will:
- raise your energy level
- balance your blood sugar level
- boost your metabolism
- bolster your immune system
These three little moves take no time at all and are a fantastic way not only to start your day but to use at any time you feel tired, droopy or under stress.